Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Thing 21 - Podcasts

Since my boys got me an I Pod for my birthday, I do know a little about downloading songs and videos, however I never downloaded a podcast. Well, after much frustration, I did subscribe to the podcasts for WVU and was finally successful in getting one on my I Pod. I already had an RSS feed to this site in Bloglines. The I Tunes site has so many podcasts - just about anything you would want. I also checked Merlin and listened to a few podcasts. To me, the most natural thing to use podcasts in the library would be for booktalks. Once again, kids would love this technology and would be a great motivational tool. Teachers could use podcasts to give tutorials or direction for lessons and projects, just like we have been receiving for 23 Things. The library would have to have the hardware to do this, and my library does not have a great lab, which is putting it mildly.
Also, went to Podcast Alley and looked at some of the subject headings, hundreds under library! The homepage also featured a podcast on the Twilight series.

No comments:

Post a Comment