Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Thing 23 - Summary

WhooHoo! I'm finished! It took much longer to complete all these activities than I thought. I probably never would have finished had we not been granted this extension. My favorite thing was creating my own blog. After seeing Julie & Julia at the theater, I realize how powerful blogs can be. I wish we participants responded to one another's blogs. When I read them, I thought about things I agreed with, or those things that others discovered and I didn't. I should have responded, but I guess my sights were on finishing instead of interacting. I also enjoyed the fun week, creating avatars among other things. I'm glad I learned how to download podcasts on my I Pod and discovered Overdrive. I know I will use Bloglines with my favorite RSS feeds. LibraryThing was also a favorite. I have been wanting to do something with my digital pics for a while, so maybe I will spend some more time learning to use Flickr.

I think I became a little more adventurous and gained more confidence in myself as far as technology goes after completing this course. Previously, I viewed problems as a crisis, and now I look at them more as a challenge.

I'm glad I completed this course. I at least became familiar with many terms and sites that I had heard but no idea what they were. I'm sure this will help me keep up with my students, and my own kids, who seem so much more tech savvy than I am. They can't believe I have my own blog. There were many things that I probably won't use. Rollyo was my least favorite thing.

I'm not sure I would want to complete another discovery program. It would depend on the content and the length of time for completition. I do hope we can keep our blogs active and respond to one another throughtout the year with ideas and some tech discoveries we find on our own. It would also be great if we could access sites at school so we could use them with students. I like the protection we have now, but some things would be great to use with kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment